Thursday, July 9, 2009

Risky Business

It's amazing how easy it is to get beaten down, to second guess my work. Sometimes I write and think, "Why am I doing this?" I look at my favorite authors and feel defeated before I have typed one word.

I think that a lot of people experience this uncertainty.

So I started to question what the difference is between published authors and hopefuls, such as myself. And I came to the conclusion that it comes down to perseverance and courage. I think that they are tenacious and willing to put themselves out there regardless of how scary it is.

So in the spirit of fearless tenacity...I sent out my first literary submission. I've got my fingers crossed and a healthy dose of determination.

What more does a girl need?

;)

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with the submission!

    Years back, when I was toying with the idea of writing, I started paying attention to discussion forums where people posted their writing. The big difference I noticed was that some writers had the knack for writing authoritatively, as if they were born to it and you should be paying attention, while others lacked that sort of self-confidence.

    I don't think the self-confidence is always inate, I think it can be learned through perseverance, like you said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I won't know anything until December. I think waiting is the worst part, lol.

    Do you still write?

    ReplyDelete