Sunday, November 29, 2009

Love

Falling in love should be easy
A golden ray upon my heart
But the truth is frightening
A darkness baying

Would you still want me
If I came to you
With all of my sins
Crashing around me?

Would you still kiss me
If you saw what I see
If you looked inside
And touched the shadows there?

The heat of me...burns
I don't want to burn you
The darkness grows and devours
Everything in its wake

I don't want you lost in it
The truth is that I'm changing
Body, mind, and soul
Becoming someone else

So whose heart am I offering?
And what will I do if you go?
Could I survive you?
Only God knows

But I can't say these things to you
I smile and wink and flirt
And play the courtesan
I spin my web...behind broken glass

Too fragile to embrace you fully
Too in love to let you go
What's a girl to do?
When all I want is to be with you...

No comments:

Post a Comment