Monday, December 7, 2009

Sing Along

Singing along with a song
I know every word
Makes me smile
Makes me feel like me

A welcome distraction
A pleasant childhood memory
Driving in the car
Singing with my Mom

Sunlight peeking through the trees
A trip to the beach
Water splashing over brown little feet
Funny what a lyric can invoke

Funny that it was so long ago
Feels like yesterday
When things were simpler
No man to complicate my life

No struggle to make ends meet
No people to be responsible for
Just warmth and laughter
Free as only children can be


*Written while listening to John Denver, "Sunshine On My Shoulders"

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kat,

    A very nice remembrance of a universal theme put to word.
    Sometime just thinking like that hurts because I know I can never go back... only forward.
    The lesson for EVERYONE of us is, to make memories for our children will remember as fondly.
    ...write me sometime.

    ReplyDelete