Friday, September 3, 2010

Why Don't You Do Right?




"Just 5 g's, Baby. That's all I need is another 5 g's. I know you got it sweet cheeks. I seen Big Paul hangin' on ya. Everybody knows he's sweet on ya. If you don't got it, you just whisper nice in his ear and he'll give it to ya. Whatd'ya say Baby? You gonna help your fella out?"


I looked at my ruby red nails. same old story. Jimmy'd never change. I knew it then, like I knew the line he'd been feeding me was rancid. He'd never grow up. I stood up and turned my back to him. I left him sitting on the bench. The only sound I made was the clicking echo of my heels on pavement. I was tired of his lies--sick to death of his gambling and cheating. I knew about Denise. Did he think I didn't know?


"Baby! Come back here!" He grabbed my arm and spun me around. He stroked my cheek the way a mother soothes her child, "Baby. I know you're fed up. I know you want the white picket fence and a car load of kiddies. And I'll give em to ya. This is it. My big break, can't you feel it? You lend me the 5 g's and I'll triple it. I'll buy you that rock you want and we'll go swimming in Hawaii just like we said we would. Come on, Baby. Trust me this one last time."


I looked at his earnest face. Sad thing is, he probably believed his own bullshit. I remembered last summer when we laid in bed all day and made love on crisp cotton sheets in warm sunlight. I remembered how he kissed me, how his hands teased and plucked my body like I was a priceless violin. I remembered him coaxing my strings into a fine, hushed melody. My eyes stung with tears and I blinked them back. I vowed to never cry over his sorry ass again.


I leaned in and pressed my soft lips to his. I opened my mouth and lured his tongue inside. I grasped at his shirt and walked him backwards to the bench. He flopped down on it and I straddled his lap. I kissed him deeper, wetter, hotter than I had in ages. I felt him stir between my thighs, heard his moan. I remembered the note I'd left on his pillow back home. I remembered the train ticket in my purse.


I whispered against his yummy lips, "I got the money, Babe. You're right. Paulie is sweet on me. He's been taking real good care of me. That's what a man does." Jimmy started to protest, but I kissed him again. I kissed him deeper, more demanding, tugging on his lips.

He never saw it coming.... till after I had fired.


I stepped away from him, the smoking gun shaking in my hand. I thought of the confession I'd written that morning. Wouldn't be long till the cops found it. I thought of Paulie waiting for me at the station. Jimmy looked up, blood dripping from his side. Eyes wide with shock he touched the wound and looked at me. I aimed straight at his heart. The shot fired smoothly.


He slumped over and I tossed the gun at him. I felt a twinge of remorse, but crushed it quickly. "Sorry Jimmy. Bullets were cheaper. Guess you shoulda asked Denise."

9 comments:

  1. Bullets were cheaper. Oh, well done you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great femme fatale post, Kat... And waaaaay sexy!!

    "I remembered how he kissed me, how his hands teased and plucked my body like I was a priceless violin."

    Just awesome...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Harsh! It was only 5 G's...and another woman, of course...a woman scorned. Nice tale, Kat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder if poor Paulie knows what he's getting himself into! I don't think i'd mess with her! Great tale, Kat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hot stuff! Great writing - and, if ya gotta go, that there is a great way to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Female of the species always is deadlier than the male. Nice, tight story with some memorable lines.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shivering strong dark little story. Irresistible shocker as a matter of fact. Nice work indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you all liked it. The line "Bullets were cheaper" got stuck in my head and I pretty much wrote the tale around that. Crazy, huh? Lol.

    Welcome to the new comers and thank you for following Crooked Tales. :D

    ReplyDelete