Sometimes nothing conveys tone more effectively than Mark Rothko. He sets the stage with brushstrokes, lines, and color. Each drip of paint, each variant in texture becomes a thought, a memory, a secret piece of the artist struggling to articulate something ... anything. It's an intimate conversation between the artist and the canvas that leaves the viewer floating in a sea of blackened-blue, adrift on waves of emotion...but I digress.
It's been an odd couple of days for me. I don't usually make a blog post that isn't courtesy of Youtube or a piece of writing, but...well, I have something to say, or rather, share...
My seven year old sat down and read a book to me yesterday and some things occurred in my personal life, or maybe clarified. I won't bore you all with personal details, but I will say that Gabriel's reading session was my highlight thus far. To see a child dealing with ADHD have such a breakthrough is amazing. He was 10 weeks premature, weighed 2lbs 12oz, and spent the first month of his life in the nicu, fighting to survive. So his successes are a miracle to watch. Even if reading a book seems like a small thing to most of us, it's a milestone for Gabriel.
As to the rest. Well I don't know. I suppose I'll do what I always do and fall back down the rabbit hole, write, and paint until I sort out my thoughts. Not everything in life has to make sense. Some things simply are.
I wish you all a happy day and I'll post some tawdry, filth laden endeavor tomorrow.
:)
I notice that you were true to your word about the tawdry, filth laden endeavor! It drew the 'pancake man' out of the woodwork.
ReplyDeleteMorning Alan!
ReplyDeleteYeah, I feel so used, lol.
You know, he can't help it. Moth to the flame, lol. ;)
:-P
ReplyDeleteHello Moth, we were just talking about you...so embarrassing!
ReplyDelete:D