Saturday, August 8, 2015

Choked Up



I hate the thing that I’ve become.
Little voice inside my head
A tiny hammer pounding, pounding
Darkness inside me
Calling

I hate the thing that I’ve become
My failures glaring
Disturbing
Anger holding me
At bay

Always searching, hoping
Lying to myself
Always striving for some ridiculous thing
Out of focus
Out of reach

I hate the thing you’ve twisted me into.
A mangled, bitter fucking mess
Leave it lay
Leave it on the floor

Wish I were as cool as you
As smart and smugly superior
Wish I had all the answers
But I don’t

I’m just a stupid girl
A fool, trying
An idiot who never makes you happy
The dumb bitch in the corner

1 comment:

  1. Kat,
    He will redeem the "BFM." He will restore what has been lost. He knows you, and that you're not stupid or a fool, just human.
    He knows you're worth loving and you're beautiful.
    I don't have the words, but this song does.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmUfJtsaqps

    ReplyDelete