Monday, July 26, 2010

Hedonist And Clarity


Hedonist

Your song is playing tricks on me
Your primitive tune flowing free
Raw drumbeat, tattooing lust
Tempting lips, promising thrust

I'm becoming a hedonist
Starving for your kiss
Work your magic Voodoo man
Spin the spell--state your command

Nails on my skin
Need clawing so deep within
Touch me slow
And when the heat is strong--blow

Gotta lose myself to your rhythm
Gotta bend and stretch to your whim
Then steal your breath and bend you to mine
While our bodies keep the time

Strum my fingers across your mouth
A naughty glance travels south
Offering you everything
If you'll only dance with me...



Clarity: SmutFest 2010


Well, my pretty little Bloggers there are 6 days and counting till July, 31 2010 and the deadline for submissions. There has been some confusion, so please allow me to clarify.


1. You do not have to use a pseudonym if you don't want to--it's optional. If you want your blog linked when the winners and honorable mentions are posted, I will gladly do so. If you want it to remain anonymous, I can do that too. I'm all about choices. ;)


2. You do not have to write smut. You can write in any genre you enjoy. You don't have to write explicitly, you can write a clean piece. The point of this contest is to allow you to write the story you always wanted to write, but couldn't because of fear, morality, contest restrictions, etc. Think about pushing the envelope--testing boundaries. Consider the many authors who have helped shape our world. But whose works were burned or banned for challenging the status quo. Throw convention to the wind, free your mind, and write something pure and honest. Dare to be uninhibited. :)


Contest Guidelines:

1. Depravity is encouraged, but not a requirement. If you must keep it clean, that's perfectly fine. My goal is to pull honesty out of you all and see what truly lurks beneath your skin. I wanna see your writer's chops.

2. No graphic sex or violence involving children or animals. They're innocent--let's keep them that way. ;)

3. If you do run amok in the sewers of your mind (God Luv Ya!) be sure that it is crucial to the story. I do not want gore for gore's sake. I want gore that drives home the severity of the character's plight--or is hilariously perfect in the tale.

4. Submission guidelines: 12 pt font, black ink, double spaced, 500-2000 word ct. Any genre. Submission deadline: July 31. And send it here: kmd43008@gmail.com

*I forgot to add...put "SmutFest 2010" in the subject line of your email , so I don't delete you. :)



I look forward to reading your works. Take care and be well. :)

8 comments:

  1. Great piece above... Very sultry. Dug it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool. Thanks. It's all in the inspiration, lol. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Arghhh - I didn't realize the deadline was so close... I gotta get moving! I will send you a story, Kat, I swear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol. It's okay Cathy. I know you're knee deep in wedding central. Your countdown will fly by so fast you won't believe it!

    Congrats chica bonita! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can we submit more than once? My feverish little brain is knee deep in perversions (but she still can't get a date)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, Chica, you may enter more than once. Knock yourself out! The more the merrier, I say. Lol.

    I really chafe at rules can you tell? I'll pretty much agree to anything as long as it's not about kids and animals. Hehehehe.

    Can't get a date? Are the men in your town mental? Pfft. What do they know? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Unfortunately, I'm quite the site; 6'7", 235 lbs, bald, no teeth (you'd think THAT would be of interest to SOMEONE). Alas, no. Why do you think I have such an active imagination when it comes to erotica?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Finger slipped; it's suppossed to read 6' 7".

    ReplyDelete