Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Meandering

So. I have this friend who is running her very own heartbreak boot camp. Sweet, right? Lol. I need one. Anyway. She gave me an assignment to keep my troubled mind busy. :)


Write a flash, 101 word count, about Hope. Lol. It was harder than I thought it'd be. But here it goes:

Hope.


Hope is a red balloon drifting toward a yellow sun. It bounces on the wind current and buoys in a sea of chaos, trailing its tail over power lines. Always one second away from getting zapped or pecked by kamikaze birds.

It drifts unhurried, creating its own symphony of sound. A small squeak as it rubs against plastic cups discarded in an old telephone pole that bears scars that read, “Jenny loves Steven 4 Ever.”

Still it forges forward, riding the wind until the last moment. It’s fearless and bold.

Until it hits a pine tree then it just goes…

POP!



Lol. Okay, so a different friend has been feeding me YouTube videos that remind him of me. Hehehehee. Pretty hot ones! So enjoy:








3 comments:

  1. Love the edwyn collins tune... would u believe I went around for the longest time thinkin it was Bowie??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol. Yes, I can actually see that.

    Glad you liked it. I've been listening to it for days, lol.

    Makes me wanna dance. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, sounds like this guy is really hot for you. Good Luck, Kat.

    ReplyDelete