Wednesday, July 14, 2010

SmutFest 2010: I Want Your Smut -- Give It To Me!!!!!!

Photo stolen from Google. :D

Okay my darling Chicos y Chicas...something new for Crooked Tales.

I'm holding a contest.

While reading and occasionally participating in the contests here on Blogger I have found a few things to my disliking...the restrictions. Now...I'm all for "good clean fun" (if I'm totally wrecked from yummy naughty fun), but it does frustrate me some.

So...I messaged Cathy(she's a cheeky chica bonita!) and Alan (also a cheeky chica bonita--no I did NOT miss type--he's far too pretty sans beard!)...and asked what do you think of me hosting a SmutFest?

Cathy's my girl--she gets me--and was all for it. Alan thinks I'm mental and NO ONE will enter. Prove him wrong!!!! Hehehehe.

Now I know that many of you are respectable citizens of Bloggerville and would not dare sully your reputations for the likes of some good old fashioned American naughtiness, but I urge you--nay implore you--to use a pseudonym and stretch past your comfort zone. Have fun with this.

Now if you're still reading (you rock!!!) but you may be thinking, "Kat, I'm a dude and I don't do love scenes unless I've got half a bottle of Jose in me and a hot blond." To which I say, "Where's the closest liquor store?"

Kidding!

The truth is this contest is about letting the grown-ups play as grown-ups will. I'm taking off the gloves and inviting you to be yourselves. Write about sex, drugs, violence, gore, zombies, French poodles on acid and dyed pink--I don't care. It's your tale--you tell it.

All I'm saying is--don't hold back! If you need to get graphic--and it serves a purpose--do it. If your character absolutely has to drop the F bomb every third word--do it. Whatever you've been holding back in the name of decency--let loose.

But make it art. Make it poetry--gritty, deliciously devious poetry.

Show me the darker side of humanity. Show me the twisted irony of life. Make me laugh, make me cry, but dang it all--make me feel something. No fluff, "Awe...that's so sweet" pieces.

So the Rules:

1. Depravity is encouraged, but not a requirement. If you must keep it clean, that's perfectly fine. My goal is to pull honesty out of you all and see what truly lurks beneath your skin. I wanna see your writer's chops.

2. No graphic sex or violence involving children or animals. They're innocent--let's keep them that way. ;)

3. If you do run amok in the sewers of your mind (God Luv Ya!) be sure that it is crucial to the story. I do not want gore for gore's sake. I want gore that drives home the severity of the character's plight--or is hilariously perfect in the tale.

4. Submission guidelines: 12 pt font, black ink, double spaced, 500-2000 word ct. Any genre. Submission deadline: July 31. And send it here: kmd43008@gmail.com

*I forgot to add...put "SmutFest 2010" in the subject line of your email , so I don't delete you. :)

Q: What do you receive if you win?

A: The thrill of knowing you were chosen by your peers. Ever think that the Friday Flash is a bunch of back patting bs? I have. I wanna know what people really think of my writing and not wonder if they're just giving me a polite blanket statement.

So what will happen is that I will pick the three best entries and post them as "anonymous" on Crooked Tales on August 6th and put it to a vote. Everyone can put their vote for the winner in their comments. You'll have all weekend to cast your vote. Only one vote per customer! If you have multiple personalities and ALL personalities enter--then one vote per personality. I will declare the winner Monday August 9th and announce the names of the top three. I'll also start posting the honorable mentions.

I believe in democracy, but I also think it's a great opportunity to really find out how your work is viewed on it's own merit--without your name involved.

So if you're up for it--tell your friends. Pimp out this little SmutFest and for crying out loud...enter!


To kick it off:

The Blow-Up Doll

The truth is never quite so clear as when it’s crammed down your throat without a choice or chance to turn your head away and reject it. It sticks and chokes you, showing it’s cold reality regardless of your death gasps, fills your mouth with rancid cum. She looked in the mirror, grimacing at the lines around her mouth, her eyes, new lines that were undeserved.

They said she was pretty, but she just didn’t see what they saw. They said she had beautiful eyes and a sweet mouth. But all she could see were dead doll eyes—glassed over and sad—a mouth too big for her face and over painted. Her hands ran the length of her body, clawed at the top of her bra. Angry red lines followed and scratched her pale, tender skin. She bled in the tracks as she pulled the edges of her bra down to stare at her breasts.

Awkward, heavy, bulging breasts hung from her body. They were cone shaped with huge, dark nipples. She rolled her nipples between her fingers, closed her doll eyes, and moaned. The slickness between her thighs betrayed her yet again.

She hated her body. She hated the lust that controlled her. Hated the weakness, the fat, the lines, everything. She hated the attention she got. She especially hated the compliments. Tears welled up and she thought of the hands that had touched her—trained her. She remembered the feel of her knees being pried apart when she was ten. She could still feel his probing hands. She could see the scars lashed across her face. No one else saw them, but she knew they were there. Her skin burned under their lines.

She remembered the boys she’d kissed. Remembered the lies they’d told. “I love you” a hollow thing tugging on the zipper of her jeans, sweet kisses that laid her down on the grass and moved between her legs. She remembered the early morning sun rising, revealing the truth to her naive eyes. The look on their faces, the awkward pause as love was shown to be a fraud.

It was all bullshit. She remembered everything—each insult—each lie—each false kiss.

She saw it for what it was. She saw herself clearly. She’s was nothing more than vessel for release, a broken blow-up doll to be popped and discarded. She picked up the knife. She looked at it. She looked in the mirror. Cut away the hate, the pity, and the lies. Cut away the eyes, the mouth, and the breasts. Cut it all away. Leave the bloody doll for the fucking coroner. She watched the blood fall through robotic eyes until there were no eyes left to see.

16 comments:

  1. No holds barred, Kat? Are you sure?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Within the guidelines posted...yep. ;)

    I know you've got the chops. Bring it on VL.

    Hehehehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's the problem; I bring it on and all hell breaks loose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good! That's what I'm want.

    Let's flip the status quo the bird and go nuts. ;)

    Turn it on it's ear, Chica!

    I'm so tired of being "safe" -- aren't you?

    Just make it magic, and it'll be all good. ;)

    It's kinda exciting, though, huh? A real challenge to explore your thoughts. I'm hoping for good things to come out of this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just don't scare the horses, eh kid. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol. Not trying to. Just really excited. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am soooo there......I love smut written with a quill and ink on a sultry summer skin.





    http://darkerroadangels.blogspot.com


    my verfication word was: devilyc....is this a sign?? smiling

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll send you something Kat - of course you won't know it's from me. Well, you will know it's from me but no one else will... it'll be our smutty little secret. Good idea, chica!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hmmmmm this sounds very intersting indeed...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I won't submit anything (being a virgin and all). You'll know me. I'll be the guy with the fedora covering my hairless face and wearing a long trench coat (with nothing underneath), lurking around the dark margins of your blog.

    He, he, he...

    My word verification was 'tubular'

    ReplyDelete
  11. Seductress: Lol. Welcome to Crooked Tales! I'd say that was a perfect word verification, lol. I look forward to reading your brand of smut! Love your blog--glad you linked it. ;)

    Cathy: Hola Chica!! Just let me know what name you want to use. :)

    Sir Thomas: Welcome, Good Sir! I hope you enjoy the show. :D

    Alan: Darling-fur-free-Alan...Coward! Pfft. Lol. Close that coat! No flashers here! Oh. Wait. There are. Steady on, my good man. ;)

    So if you aren't submitting (kill joy!) wanna help judge? Hhehehee.

    Nobody pervs for free. :p

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lol. Tell your wife that if you slobber too much and start thumping your leg like a twitterpated puppy--we'll just taser ya. Hhehehehe.

    Keep your hands inside the vehicle at all times. :p

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bullseye on social commentary Kat, why we cut, so we don't cut deeper. Great story.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you Hilliary. :)

    Welcome to Crooked Tales. You're the only one to comment on the story, lol. I'm glad that you saw that component. It was definitely on my mind (among other things) when I wrote it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am so there! My entry will be flying your way soon x x

    ReplyDelete