Tuesday, August 18, 2009

In. His. Dreams.

So I stumbled across this blog by Ellen Ashe called "Unquiet Mind." In a word? Genius. Seriously, check her out. Among her many postings she had submitted something that I had forgotten about. It was part of Sociology 101 at Ohio University, under the feminism category, I believe as a joke. I'm not a feminist, however, I don't need to be one to think the following is hysterical. It's also been in many emails...

A GOOD WIFE'S GUIDE 1955

Prepare yourself for your husband's homecoming. Take 15 minutes to rest so you will be refreshed when he arrives. Retouch your make-up, put a ribbon in your hair and be fresh looking. He has just been with a lot of work-weary people

Be a little gay and a little more interesting for him. His boring day may need a lift and one of your duties is to provide it.

Listen to him. You may have a dozen important things to tell him, but the moment of his arrival is not the right time.

Don't complain if he's late for dinner or even if he stays out all night. Count this as minor compared to what he might have gone through that day.

Don't ask him questions about his actions or question his judgment or integrity. Remember, he is the master of the house and as such will always exercise his will with fairness and truthfulness. You have no right to question him.

A good wife knows her place.


Can you imagine? Lol! Yeah right.

Ellen's Blog:http://ellenashe.blogspot.com/


In other news...

My darling friend, Saint Anton, has yet again publicized my blog on his monstrous blog, lol. So I feel the urge to reciprocate, lol. Anton's blog: http://ufexp.blogspot.com/2009/08/one-lovely-blog-award-one-nonono.html

Anyway, he has a link on there about personality types. Apparently he found it on Ranch Girl Ramblings http://ranchgirlramblings.blogspot.com/2009/08/its-that-time-again.html. I took a similar test for a business class and I was curious to see if it would come out the same way. So I retook the test from the following link: http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp. Anyway, It says I'm an INFJ (Introvert Intuitive Feeling Judging) personality type. Sure enough, same results.

I guess I fit their description, though I might bicker with the introvert suggestion, lol. Descriptions of the various personality types can be found here: http://www.typelogic.com/

So if you're bored, avoiding writing (lol), or just plain curious--take the test and see if you agree with their assessment.

Have a great day everybody. :)

2 comments:

  1. Be a little gay and a little more interesting for him.

    So my advice for you to take a bit of an interest in Lily Allen could have worked wonders for your marriage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anton Gully! The more you write, the more I think your halo is cracked, lol. I love men, big, strong, bitchy men, lol. Can't you tell? Haven't you read my blog?

    Poor Lilly Allen, does she know she has a stalker? Lmao. As I said...in. his. dreams.

    Kisses. ;p

    ReplyDelete